Rules and Regulations
The Modern Barber Awards is owned and operated by M Squared Media Company Number 06318537.
The Modern Barber Awards entries are welcome from barbering and men’s hairdressing professionals that are resident in the UK. Entries cannot be accepted from individuals or businesses resident outside the UK.
Entering more than one category is acceptable.
Multiple entries from teams or individuals from one business or multiple photographic entries are acceptable but capped at THREE per category. EG if your business has three shops and wishes to enter ‘Best Team’ then each team may enter. If you are an individual and wish to enter ‘Best Photographic Entry’ you may submit a maximum of three images. If you enter more only the first three will be judged and subsequent entries will be disqualified.
The Modern Barber Awards is an ONLINE entry process. No physical printed or photographic material received by the Modern Barber office will be judged or contribute to an entry. The material will not be returned.
For best All Round Barber (Photographic) there must be a minimum of FOUR different style images and a maximum of EIGHT images (two per style) to represent a breadth of work. Less images and more images will not be judged and the entry may be disqualified.
The deadline for entry is 10th August 2020 at midnight. No late entries will be accepted or judged.
M Squared Media takes no responsibility for technical issues resulting in entries not reaching our server. Please make every effort to ensure that you follow the word count and MB image size proscribed by the category and form field in the entry. If you do not receive a submission acknowledgement then your entry has not been filed.
Any associated imagery submitted as part of your entry must be cleared for use in Modern Barber magazine and all its associated digital products, social media and web. M Squared Media assumes rights are released by the entrant and takes no responsibility for any copyright issues.
Complete all fields in the entry form and stick to the word count, image size and quality provided. You must provide all contact details especially email. Entries that do not comply with the criteria will be disqualified. If you have questions please email email@example.com with Modern Barber Awards in the subject line.
Appointed judges are sourced from industry and the sponsor company and have been selected for their discretion and experience. Your sensitive data such as financial data will be protected and will not be published without consent. Judging takes place in August. The judge’s decision is final and no discussion will be entered into. Feedback cannot be provided.
No employees or associates of the Judges may enter the category for which the judge is responsible.
Purchase of Modern Barber magazine is not necessary and bears no influence on the outcome of the Modern Barber Awards.
Modern Barber Awards Finalists Terms and Conditions
Up to six finalists will be selected for each category.
The Awards will be held at a venue in Central London. Thanks to COVID-19 and social distancing regulations date and venue are still TBC. Tickets will cost £45pp (including booking fee + VAT) for sale on Eventbrite.
Finalists implicitly agree to participate in publicity prior, during and after the Modern Barber Awards.
Finalists will receive a trophy and any further prizes offered by the category Sponsor. There is no cash alternative.
Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
Modern Barber Awards Finalists Event Terms and Conditions
- If you do not receive confirmation of your booking please contact Lizzi Diggins immediately (t: 020 3841 7365).
- Physical tickets will not be supplied. Your EVENTBRITE ticket admits entry.
- Please be aware that food supplied at the event may contain allergens.
- Please be aware that special effects, including strobe lighting, may be used on the night. If you are purchasing tickets on behalf of another guest it is your responsibility to inform them.
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to alter the venue or the date of the event. We will give you as much notice as we can and your booking will be transferred to the new venue or date.
- No refund will be given if you cancel your booking.
- If we cancel the function we will refund all booking fees paid. We do not, however, accept liability for travel, accommodation or any other expenses incurred as a result of any cancellation or postponement of the event.
- Our liability for loss or damage incurred as the result of cancellation or postponement of the event is limited to the amount of your booking fee.
These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.